In this video post, I talk about the gear I decided to bring on a short overnight trip to Trona Pinnacles, California. Trona Pinnacles is arguably my favorite place to shoot astrophotos and it’s where we’ll be for the first-ever Lonely Speck Meetup. Let’s take a look at a pretty typical kit that I use for astrophotography.
Featured in the video:
- The Bag: Patagonia Mini Messenger Bag
- The Camera: Sony a7S
- Tripod L Plate: Neewer L Bracket
- Wide Angle Lens: Voigtländer 21mm f/1.8 Ultron
- Standard Lens: Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 Sonnar T* ZA
- Filter: Hoya (Red) Intensifier
- Headlamp: Petzl Tikka XP
- Bulb Blower: Small Giottos Rocket
- Filter System: 85mm Formatt Hitech
- Filters: 10-Stop, 4-Stop, 3-Stop Graduated, Filter Wallet
- Filter Cleaner: Microfiber Cloth
- Smartphone Tripod Clip: RetiCAM Standard Plus XL
- Smartphone: OnePlus 2
- Tripod: Sirui T-025X
- Laser: Green Pointer
- Cleaning Brushes: Synthetic Flat Eyeliner, Washed
- Extra memory Cards: Sandisk Extreme Pro
- Remote Trigger: Foto&Tech IR Trigger for Sony Cameras
- Gaffers Tape: Pro Gaff, Wrapped Around an Old Credit Card
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We are also a participant in the B&H Affiliate Program which also allows us to earn fees by linking to bhphotovideo.com.
Astrophotography 101 is completely free for everyone. All of the lessons are available on the Lonely Speck Astrophotography 101 page for you to access at any time. Enter your email and whenever we post a new lesson you’ll receive it in your inbox. We won’t spam you and your email will stay secure. Furthermore, updates will be sent out only periodically, usually less than once per week.
Help us help you!
Believe it or not, Lonely Speck is my full-time job. It’s been an amazing experience for us to see a community develop around learning astrophotography and we’re so happy to be a small part of it. I have learned that amazing things happen when you ask for help so remember that we are always here for you. If you have any questions about photography or just want to share a story, contact us! If you find the articles here helpful, consider helping us out with a donation.
[button font_size=”16″ color=”#136e9f” text_color=”#ffffff” url=”https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=lonelyspeckblog%40gmail.com&item_name=These+tips+help+keep+lonelyspeck.com+running.¤cy_code=USD&source=url” target=”_blank”]Donate[/button]
Thanks so much for being a part of our astrophotography adventure.